I found this great compilation of things that collectors of vinyl just love
Hope you enjoy it 🙂
1 Finding the perfect record player for your room.
- Getting an amazing set of speakers to really complete the experience.
- Randomly stumbling upon a sign like this and suddenly changing your plans for the next hour or two.
- Supporting independent record stores.
- Searching on eBay for deals on rare and out-of-print records.
- Coloured vinyl.
- When the vinyl colour is matchy-matchy with the record sleeve.
Nirvana Fan? – Take a Look Here
- Picture discs.
- White label singles.
- Rare test pressings.
- 45 rpm singles.
- Especially soul 45s.
- Crate digging.
- Flipping through records in a used bin and having no idea what the next thing you see will be.
- A lot of wonderful albums can be found for just a pound.
- Records are can be your time machine.
- Meeting someone cute while browsing through records. This really does happen; it’s not just in movies!
- Those big plastic dividers in record stores, and the super-specific genre names on them.
- Finding truly bizarre old album covers.
- Arranging albums in alphabetical order.
- A perfectly sequenced album side.
- Surface noise.
- Inheriting your family’s old records.
- His Masters Voice
- Sleeveface photos.
- When new albums come with free download coupons.
- Framing album art.
- Being a DJ.
- Record fairs.
- Record bags.
- 45 adapters, in all their forms.
- Those cute little boxes for 45s.
- Just watching the record spin and being sorta amazed that you’re hearing music stored on tiny little grooves.
- Having a huge wall of nothing but records.
- And, of course, this feeling. The joy of records
Once again thanks for this great collection